Kabab is one of my favorite food.Kabab is basically made of minced meat.But the people who are vegetarian prepare kabab by using carrot,spinach,,raw banana,beans etc.I used Black chickpeas.You can also use white chickpeas,split yellow lentils.This can be served as an evening snacks with tea.
- 200 whole black chickpeas
- 1 egg
- 1 small size finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 chopped green chilies
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1/2 inch finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 100 gm sesame(optional)
How to prepare:
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- Place chickpeas in pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup water and baking powder.
- Let them cook for 20 mints on low heat or until they are completely softened.
- Drain through a sieve,let it cool for 5 mints.
- Mash the chickpeas through potato masher.Set it aside.
- Mix egg,onion,cilantro,salt,garam masala,ginger and green chili in a bowl.
- Add mashed chickpeas and mix it well.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal balls.
- Press each ball into 2 inch diameter circle.(sprinkle sesame seeds on top,it's optional)
- Heat oil in a pan,fry pieces until golden brown. OR
- Bake at 375 F for 30 mints.
- Serve with tomato-chili sauce.