Cinnamon:One of the highest anti-oxidant spice,used in both sweet and savoury foods.Everyday the knowledge about the health benefit of cinnamon is increasing.It play crucial role in diabetic.It's my observation the use of cinnamon is very common in USA.First time I ate cinnamon rolls in USA,the taste was awesome and the sweet hot smell of cinnamon drove me crazy.Today I prepared my own style of cinnamon rolls.Eat healthy,live healthy.
- 200 gm all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 15 gm dried yeast
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 100 gm teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 gm brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 30 gm chocolate
- Warm milk in microwave for 30 sec.
- Add yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in milk,mix it and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine all purpose flour,salt,oil,egg and milk mixture,knead dough until soft and smooth.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth,set it aside for 1 hour.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle shape.Thickness should be 1 cm.
- Sprinkle sugar,cinnamon and brown sugar,roll up dough width wise.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place cut side up in a greased baking tray.
- Cover it with aluminium foil,set it aside for another 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and let it bake for 20 mints or until golden brown.
- Garnish with melted chocolate.
NOTE : In winter best way to raise the dough is to use your oven.
With sugar and brown sugar,you can use raisins.