Potato is a kind of vegetable which is called as a king of vegetables.Last to last weekend I ate lentil stuffed puri at one of my friends home. lentil was split yellow lentil (moong) without skin and split black lentil without skin.That was awesome.Same dough I used for plain roti/chapati and cooked dry spicy potatoes.The combination was really great.Lentil stuffed chapati with spicy potatoes....try it.
- 500 gm boiled potatoes
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon fried onion
- 1 teaspoon mixture of fenugreek,cumin,fennel,mustard and onion seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 250 gm plain flour/all purpose flour
- 100 gm yellow split lentil(moong daal)
- 100 gm black split lentil(urad/maas daal)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seed
- salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Peel off the skin of the potatoes and cut each potato into 8 pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add mixture of fenugreek,cumin,fennel,mustard and onion seeds.
- Stir for 1 mint,then add potatoes and turmeric powder.
- Stir potatoes for 2-3 mints over high eat.
- Add chaat masala,salt and chili flakes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add fried onion and black pepper powder.
- Mix well.
- Soak the lentils for 4 hours or overnight.
- Add lentils,garlic cloves,chaat masala and green chilies in a mixing bowl.
- Blend it together thoroughly.(Add little bit water if needed).
- Mix plain flour/all purpose flour,salt,oil.onion seeds and salt.
- Add the ground lentils into flour mixture.
- Knead the dough by hand until the dough is smooth but tight.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece to a medium size dinner plate(size of chapati depends on you).
- Heat a pan over medium heat,when the pan start smoking.
- Put a chapati on it.
- Cook the chapati on both sides until golden.
- Sprinkle olive oil before serving (optional).