Chargha is a most popular recipe of Pakistan.There are variety of chicken chargha in restaurants but one of the famous is Lahori Chargha.Chicken is the rich source of protein that protects against bone loss in older people.Chargha is mainly prepared with whole chicken but in my recipe I am going to use pieces of chicken,hope you will like this.
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 egg white
- 4 tblspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes(kuti lal mirch)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (mixture of green,black cardamom,cinnamon,cloves,black pepper and mace(jawetri) ).
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pinch orange food color
- salt to taste
- oil for frying.
How to Prepare:
- Place all ingredients (except oil) in a bowl and mix it well,set mixture aside.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry.
- Make a small and neat slit in the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with mixture that you have already prepared.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- After three hours,bring water to boil and steam chicken for 30 mints.
- Let it cool down about 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium flame.
- Deep fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with onion and lemon.