For dough - 1 cup (250 gm) all purpose flour
6 tbl spoon oil
1 teaspoon baking powder( it gives crispiness to gujia)
For filling - Half cup milk
1 tbl spoon roasted sooji(semolina)
Half cup milk powder
15 sliced almond $ 10 sliced cashews
8 tbl spoon coconut powder
4 tbl spoon sugar
Rose water/cardamom powder.
For sugar syrup-1an 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water.
Oil for deep frying.
How to prepare:
- Mix well all purpose flour,baking powder and oil in a bowl.
- Add water slowly and knead into a soft,smooth but tight dough.
- Cover with damp cloth,set aside for 10-15 mints.
- Add water and sugar in pan on high flame,boil it for 10 mints.Syrup should be of one thread.
- Add milk,milk powder and roasted sooji in a pan on medium heat,stir for 5 mints then add sugar.Khoya is ready.
- Add sliced almonds,cashews,coconut and 1-2 drop rose water in khoya,mix it well,let this mixture cool down for 5 mints.
- Divide the dough into 10-15 equal pieces ,make small balls,press it hard and roll each ball in a 3 inch diameter like small puri.
- Fill each puri with khoya mixture,fold it in a semi-circle form(half moon).
- Press hard the outer edges,twisting the edges inwards with the help of index finger.
- Make sure that the ends of gujiya are properly sealed.
- Keep all the gujiyas in a tray.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium flame,fry 4-5 gujias at a time(it depends on your oil and pan size).
- When golden brown in colors,drain and remove.Now Gujiya is ready.
- If you need extra sweetness in gujiya,dip the gujiya in sugar syrup,drain and serve.