COCONUT "the King of Trees"; "Tree of Abundance"; "Tree of Heaven" and the "Signature Tree of The Tropics". In Sanskrit, coconuts are called "Kalpa Vriksha", which means: "the tree that gives all that is necessary for living".
- 500 gm chicken,cut into cubes
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- 6 tbl spoon coconut powder
- 4 tbl spoon oil
- 1 tbl spoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves,2 green cardamom
- small piece of jawetri
- small stick of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin n coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt to taste.
- 2 cups water
- Coriander leaves
- Green chili
- Fried onion
- One fourth lemon
How to prepare:
- Heat the oil in a pan first,then add whole garam masala (condiments-cloves n all),chopped onion and sprinkle pinch of salt.
- Stir fry till onion leaves color.
- Add ginger,garlic paste and stir for 7-8 mints.
- Add red chili.turmeric,cumin,coriander powder and stir for 5 mints.
- Now place mixture in a mixing bowl,add coconut powder and blend together thoroughly.
- set aside for 5-10 mints,now pour mixture into a pan.
- Add chicken,salt,2 cups water and simmer for 20 mints.
- Pour in a bowl and sprinkle the top with coriander leaves,green chili n squeeze lemon.
- You can also use fried onion for garnishing,it gives rich look to your dish.
- Serve the Shorbaye Chicken with rice or naan.
Enjoy yummy dish......jo dil ko chhu jaye.