Moong daal/Yello lentils:The most popular North Indian lentils.It has a mild aristocratic flavor.Great source of fiber and protein,low in fat and aids in weigh loss.
- 250 gm moong daal (Yellow split lentils)
- 1 kg milk
- 300 gm sugar
- 200 gm ghee/oil
- 1-2 drops kewra (food essence)
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 6-8 sliced almond
- 6-7 sliced cashews
How to prepare:
- Fry lentils in a pan without ghee/oil over low-medium heat about 2-3 mints.
- Transfer into a bowl and set it aside.
- Now pour milk into a pressure cooker.
- Add lentils,green cardamom and put on cooker lid over low heat for 20 mints.
- When the cooker reaches high pressure,remove it and let it cool down for 15-20 mints.
- After cooling pour mixture into a mixing bowl and blend it together.
- Pour oil into a large pan,add lentils milk mixture and 1-2 drops essence on low heat.
- Stir continuously till ghee/oil separate from lentils.
- Now add sugar,mix it well,stir fry for 5 mints.
- Transfer in a bowl or plate,garnish with almond and cashews